If you are a Canadian independent artist, theater company, or performance collective, Spotlight Canada: The Pitch 2021: is inviting you to apply to present your Edinburgh Fringe Festival pitch to an audience of colleagues by: May 2:.
Edinburgh Fringe: is the world largest arts festival, and represents a tremendous opportunity for Canadian performers and shows to gain global recognition, as well as to secure opportunities for international touring and creative partnerships.
With this year: Edinburgh Fringe: moved largely to in-person, the High Commission of Canada in the UK, alongside partners Canadian Heritage and Canada Council for the Arts, with support from Fascinator Management, are producing a platform for 8 to 12 Canadian artists and companies: to pitch their tour-ready work to an audience of international producers, artistic directors, festival curators, presenters, programmers, and artists.
Things to know before applying:
Ations Applications are due: May 2, 2022: at 11:59 pm PST;
Ists Artists will be notified no later than: May 20, 2022:;
● No more than two (2) people will be conducting the pitch and one (1) person must be an artistic:
lead for the project;
● Applications must be from professional organizations that are registered companies and / or:
registered not-for-profit organizations in Canada. Individual Canadian artists or non-registered:
companies may partner to have an organization apply on their behalf;
Jects Projects must have premiered either: within the last four years: or must be set to premiere: in:
the next 18 months:;
● Works may be designed for live / physical performance, or created for hybrid form;
Participants All participants must take part in approximately three 1-hour virtual meetings including:
coaching, and rehearsals between: May 20 and August 12:. There will be a mandatory in-person:
run-through on: August 22: as well as two networking events on: August 21:.
● All coaching and live-event conversation will take place in English. (Access support can be made:
Ists Artists who have pitched in the past four years may apply, however with new projects which:
haven’t been put forward or selected for this initiative in the past.
● Please submit your application: here: by: May 2, 2022: at 11:59 pm PST.
● Please note that you will need to upload your entire application at one time and will not be able to:
to save a work in progress.